A direct admission pathway is for high school students wishing to pursue the Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
Steps for Admission into the Pathway Program:
- High School:
- Graduating GPA ≥3.5*
- ACT Composite Score ≥ 26 or a SAT composite ≥ 1230
- ACT Math Score ≥ 26, or a SAT Math Score ≥ 610,
or *ALEKS placement in Math 150,153 and 154, or 155 and Chem 115
or transferrable math credit for college calculus
- Apply to WVU as a *pre-pharmacy major
*DAP TEST OPTIONAL ADMISSIONS: Students must meet GPA, math requirement, and apply as a pre-pharmacy major.
- WVU Undergraduate:
- Enroll in pre-pharmacy courses (semesters 1-4)
- Maintain GPA of ≥ 3.0
- Participate in the School of Pharmacy First Year Experience Seminar Course PHAR 191 and Kaplan PCAT Prep Course PHAR 199
- Join APhA-ASP
- West Virginia University School of Pharmacy announces that the PCAT will be optional for the Admissions Cycle 2020-2021. If you have already taken the PCAT and wish to report your score through PharmCAS, please do so using code 104.
- Apply through PharmCAS for WVU School of Pharmacy Early Decision
- Admission to School of Pharmacy:
- Late September-early October interview
- Notification of admission by mid-October
- Finish prerequisites by end of 4th semester and maintain GPA of ≥ 3.0