A direct admission pathway is for high school students wishing to pursue the Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
Steps for Admission into the Pathway Program:
- High School:
- Graduating GPA ≥3.5
- ACT Composite Score ≥ 26 or a SAT composite ≥ 1250
- ACT Math Score ≥ 26, or a SAT Math Score ≥ 620,
or ALEKS placement in Math 150,153 and 154, or 155 and Chem 115
or transferrable math credit for college algebra AND college trigonometry
- Apply to WVU as a pre-pharmacy major
- WVU Undergraduate:
- Enroll in pre-pharmacy courses (semesters 1-4)
- Maintain GPA of ≥ 3.0
- Participate in the School of Pharmacy First Year Experience Seminar Course PHAR 191 and Kaplan PCAT Prep Course PHAR 199
- Join APhA-ASP
- Register for July PCAT during the 2nd semester of first year
- Score ≥ 50th percentile composite score
- Apply through PharmCAS for WVU School of Pharmacy Early Decision
- Admission to School of Pharmacy:
- Late September-early October interview
- Notification of admission by mid-October
- Finish prerequisites by end of 4th semester and maintain GPA of ≥ 3.0
WVU Tech Direct Admit Pre-Pharmacy coming soon!
Requirements to enter the Direct Admit program will be the same as listed above when the program is launched.