Introducing WVU undergraduate students to pathways into the rural healthcare professions.
All rising undergraduate juniors and seniors in the listed majors are invited to apply. $500 participation award at the completion of the program. There are ten stops available. Participants will be chosen in May 2021. All program activities will begin in Fall 2021.
The WVU Institute for Community and Rural Health is deeply committed to the principles of diversity and inclusiveness and values the perspectives and experiences of students from all backgrounds.
PREP (Pipeline Rural Education Program) invites rising WVU juniors and seniors interested in exploring rural healthcare to apply. Participants must complete the program in full to receive a $500 participation award.
1. Attend 2 Rural Health Interest Group Meetings – one in fall, one in spring
2. Attend 1 ProjectReach event (developed specifically for PREP) - fall or spring
3. Attend 1 Rural Immersion (developed specifically for PREP) – spring
4. Meet with the Pre-Health Office – any point before graduation.
5. Poster session – spring (include a subject or concept from RHIG meeting and/or their experience(s) in PREP
6. Must attend WVU Rural Health Day - spring
7. April - PREP graduation