It's time to get freezin' for a reason and participate in the Polar Plunge! The 2022 annual Polar Plunge is on February 19th at 1 p.m. at Dockside on Cheat Lake. To participate, each person must raise $50. Proceeds go to the Special Olympics of West Virginia.
PLS is recruiting anyone (students, faculty, family, friends, etc.) to participate by plunging! This year PLS has set a goal of at least 12 participants! If you would like to plunge, please indicate on the spreadsheet below.
This year, we will make it a competition between the organizations to see who can raise the most money! The organization that raises the most may get the opportunity to watch its advisor(s) plunge. Please indicate which organization you are plunging for when you sign up.
Each student who participates in the event can claim one hour of community service! If you would like to donate and not plunge, that is fine. You can always help support your friends that are!
How to donate:
- Venmo (indicate your name and "Polar Plunge") to @philambdasigmawvu
- Give money (cash or check) to Brandon (P3) or place it in the PLS mailbox in student services.
- Direct donation on website --> please email Brandon (email@example.com) a screenshot of the donation to keep track. Select Team, WVU-PLS, and Morgantown.
Instructions for Signing Up
1. Put your information on the Sign-up sheet above.
3. Fill out the information on the form - Team name: WVU-PLS; Location: Morgantown, WV
4. Spread the word and get fundraising! Ask your friends, family, neighbors, professors to help support you.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!