Criteria for the inaugural Hall of Fame are as follows:
- The candidate must be an alumnus of West Virginia University School of Pharmacy, living or deceased.
- The candidate may be self-nominated or nominated by others.
- The candidate’s pharmacy career and/or accomplishments in healthcare are deemed truly outstanding, demonstrating sustained and meritorious contributions to the pharmacy profession, West Virginia University, or the health care society at large.
- Accomplishments in one or more categories, including practice, service, research, or leadership should be considered.
- Accomplishments should be sustained or recognized by peers as creating a large impact to advance positive change in the profession of pharmacy or healthcare at large.
- Recognition may be given for outstanding innovations in pharmacy practice, research and scholarship or healthcare at large, including the provision of patient care or clinical service
- And finally, recognition may be given for outstanding leadership demonstrated through a) pharmacy ownership or management in community, institutional, long-term care, or other practice settings of pharmacy or healthcare; b) teaching; c) professional organizations; d) policy development.