Following is a summary of milestones that must be met by each graduate student to earn a Ph.D. in the WVU School of Pharmacy.
- Form a dissertation committee
- File a plan of study (approved list of courses that must be completed)
- Complete required and elective coursework
- Pass a written and oral qualifying exam
- Defend a dissertation proposal
- Complete dissertation research
- First author a peer-reviewed original manuscript related to the dissertation research
- Defend the dissertation
The detailed description of specific requirements for each program can be found at Ph.D. Program in Health Services and Outcomes Research and Ph.D. Program in Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences.