The mission of the Wigner Institute for Advanced Pharmacy Practice, Education, and Research at the West Virginia University School of Pharmacy (WVU SoP) is to advance pharmacy practice by providing education, training, and resources to pharmacy stakeholders in order to optimize health outcomes in West Virginia.
The Wigner Institute for Advanced Pharmacy Practice, Education, and Research at the West Virginia University School of Pharmacy (WVU SoP) will be recognized and respected as an innovative thought leader that empowers pharmacists to improve the health outcomes of the people of West Virginia.
- EDUCATION: To serve as a pharmacist care and professional development resource center for pharmacists in West Virginia to advance pharmacy practice.
- RESEARCH: To evaluate the impact and expansion of pharmacist-delivered services on patient outcomes.
- POLICY: To assist West Virginian stakeholders including patients, health care professionals, policy makers, and payers in making informed decisions about drug therapy and utilization of health care resources.
- SERVICE: To establish partnerships to facilitate recognition of the value of pharmacist-provided services in West Virginia.
- PATIENT CARE: To expand the implementation of innovative, sustainable practice models throughout West Virginia.