Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy
Mission & Core Values
The Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy participates in the WVU School of Pharmacy mission of improving human health by:
- Educating students and practitioners to provide pharmacy services that are cost-effective and progressive in a changing health care environment.
- Advancing health outcomes research and scholarship in the delivery of health and pharmacy services, and preparing post-graduate students to conduct such research.
- Contributing to community and rural health of the state through direct service programs that emphasize excellence and attention to citizen and state agency needs, and in collaboration with other health care professionals.
Our Core Values
In the fulfillment of the mission, the Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy is guided by certain core values. These core values are:
- Excellence in educational program design and delivery
- Priority focus on graduate students as clients and colleagues
- Distinction in research and scholarship
- Eminence in service to the professional community and state
- Enhancement of department resources