To guide the WVU School of Pharmacy through 2016, a strategic plan was developed to further the mission of the School: to improve the health and well-being of West Virginians and society at large by educating students and practitioners to provide optimal pharmaceutical care; conducting vital research that advances scientific knowledge, pharmacy practice, and economic development; and providing direct and supportive services to patients, the community, and the profession.
The strategic plan, which was developed in direct support of the strategic plan of West Virginia University and the WVU Health Sciences Center, is a grassroots effort that involved all faculty, and included key input by staff, students, and alumni. The Strategic Plan was unanimously approved by the faculty in October 2011.
At the heart of the strategic plan are the priorities for the next five years:
- Provide outstanding educational programs.
- Conduct high-impact translational research and scholarship to enhance health and well-being.
- Establish and sustain service initiatives to improve the health of West Virginians.
- Provide high quality patient-centered care to promote wellness and achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Create an environment that provides the necessary support for all stakeholders of the School of Pharmacy.
The implementation of the strategic plan will be conducted by the faculty. Each year, key projects will be identified and completed that will take the School closer to meeting our five-year goals
WVU School of Pharmacy 2016 Strategic Plan